Thursday, August 5, 2010

A winter crepe myrtle


Spiders had been very busy here overnight in our old crepe myrtle. There were little diamonds glistening on the webs, I don't know where the spiders found such an amazing  sparkling bounty!

 

The tree is very old and was pruned long ago and then left to it's own growth design. The result is that branches cross over and join, droop down when in leaf and flower and it continually amazes me with the shapes and life I see in or on it.



This morning the camera, all by itself, clever magician that it is took some weird and wonderful photos, all of this one tree......


a little mysterious here


and here....


and here...


here......

and here..

I was so busy viewing the last photo from different angles that I have quite forgotten which is really the right way up! Now I wonder what I could do with this image. I wonder if....

3 comments: