Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Joy of Weeding My Flowering Apricot



I know you have seen this photo before... this is where I have been weeding this afternoon. Petals falling on my hair, almost bridal....except it has been a long time since you might say I had the bridal look! The scent was so delicious, wafting down , not continually in which case I would have taken it for granted. No, it wafted down in 'sweeps', nectar from the gods and a nice reward for the chore of weeding.
It has been a lovely afternoon, clouds in the sky, vivid blues and now although it is nearly 5.00 pm, it is still quite mild and as a bonus we have the long shadows and the golden glow of the evening light.
So a great day. I hope yours was or will be the same, wherever you may be.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I am still waiting for our blossoms to begin. I had a nice night doing lots of crochet and watching lots of telly. V. good for the soul. Lots of love, Kate xxooxxooxx.

    ReplyDelete