Thursday, October 21, 2010

Morning Lilac and Greedy Magpies



We are having the most wonderful Spring, all the rain coming at the right time. Everything in the garden has luxurious growth, even the weeds, some of which seem almost as tall as I am!
I am so enjoying the lilac, full of blooms and the scent wafts over me asI walk past it. The scent is beside me when I go to sleep and when I wake up for my morning cup of tea.
I don't know about any-one else in Australia but I am getting heartily sick of the bad manners of the young magpies demanding food from their mothers ALL THE DAYLIGHT HOURS!!!!!! Either they  have very poor mothers who never feed them.....which I know is not true because wherever there is a squarking teenage magpie there is a frazzled mother bird running around trying to find the choicest worms for these ungrateful children. At the moment there are two of these ungrateful terrors outside on our lawn. So, have they not heard about childhood obesity, [I am not making fun of this huge problem, it is a real concern,] or is it they just want lots of attention or whaaaat! Anyway where are the fathers, I don't see two parents to one child. Actually, maybe itis the father birds who are trying to do an adequate job and it is the mothers who are off enjoying themselves, parting or having cups of coffee away from their painful children. Maybe they just haven't taught their babies to ask nicely and politely and wait patiently while dinner is being prepared!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Aubrey,
    I had to laugh at your comment about the baby magpies. We too have noisy babies that wake us at a slightly obscene in the morning. We sure know spring has arrived.
    It's good to have you blogging again, I've missed your posts.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have forgotten that you big children were all greedy little magpies once too! Only kidding. I can't wait to hear all of the sounds at Christmas, Love Kate. p.s. could you please keep the lilac flowering until then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aubrey, finished 'The Lace Reader' really enjoyed it and may have to read it again to work it all out!jennyx

    ReplyDelete