Monday, May 17, 2010

My creative spot today

 

We had a late lunch today and went onto the verandah to have our cup of tea. Autumn colours around and green grass, swallows darting in and out, magpies chasing each other with a flurry of wings, little blue wrens looking for tiny insect treats and two dogs for company! What could be better than staying here after the cup of tea is finished with my knitting! I have got to a crucial part in my vest... I have just picked up ALL the stitches around the vest, something like 684 stitches. And completed the first row, 2 plain 2purl for the ribbing. And guess what! I have had the right number, I have been very anxious about the final tally as it had to be divisible by 4 And I have done it!!

3 comments:

  1. It looks so lovely Mum - I think you are amazing for picking up so many stitches. I bet you wore your glasses for that. Love Kate xxooxxooxx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just found your blog and it's lovely. I live in the Southwest of Vic. but for 3 years called Wangaratta my home. My daughter Lucy (14)was born there. We actually lived closer to Glenrowan off the Warby Range Road. We had a big garden there too. I too have rediscovered a love of knitting in recent times and have also taken up crochet. These blogs are wonderful especially Greedy for Colour. Your family obviously has a great deal of creative talent between you. Sue, Terang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on starting your blog Aubrey!Lovely to have a window into your life. That's quite a feat of stitch picking up. Blimey!
    It's going to look gorgeous when it's finished.
    Love Vanessa xxx

    ReplyDelete