Saturday, August 17, 2013

A MISHMASH OF LIFE AT THE MOMENT


When I wrote the last post I did think I would be a more regular blogger but the days have slipped past too quickly with no posting. No photos, not much painting and just a bit of
 crochet. And no writing! So, this morning in an idle moment I am posting a mishmash, including the wool I received in the mail yesterday from 'little woollie' at
http://littlewoollie.blogspot.com/ 
Little woollie has her online wool shop with beautiful wool, worth looking at! I have begun a cot blanket for a new and precious grand-daughter in waiting and my local woolshop  had run out of the pink I needed, didn't know when she would get some....it is just a small country town shop and can't place big orders. So...when I remembered little woollie it was wonderful. Little woollie even sent a crocheted motif with her handwritten note in the parcel, a lovely thought.
We still have our visitor, little Gus who has become very settled here. The big one took him for a ride on the 'quad', a 4 wheeled motor farm bike. Gus was very settled, curled up in the very safe arms of his host!






Some giant snowdrops and a giant cotyledon as well for you to enjoy! So interesting to see things from a different point of view! Life is full of these little challenges! 
Have a lovely weekend and hopefully I see you all soon! 

6 comments:

  1. Mum, what are you making? I LOVE it. love me xxooxx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A cot blanket for your soon to be born new niece! I'm glad you love it, me too! Lovely to be able to put pink into it!
      Love Mum

      Delete
  2. Those squares look interesting...a blanket in the making? Little Gus is very cute.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Anne, I think the colours are happy...of course! Gus has really settled down and we will miss him when he goes home!

      Delete
  3. Hi Mrs A, thanks for the kind words about my shop, I'm glad your wool got to you ok! Your blanket is going to be lovely!, I didn't realise you were 'Greedy for Colour's Kate's mum, (It's a small bloggy world!) I really love her colourful crochet creatures, I'm looking forward to her book! Have a great week, Julie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for visiting, the blanket is coming on and I do love all the colours in it. It is a small boggy world isn't it. Imagine everyone getting together in one spot! Aubrey

      Delete